•  RCA 74 Jr Velocity Mic
•  Scott 299A Tube Pre-amp

• Advertisers

Nuther Newbie witha past.

Nuther Newbie witha past.

Postby Ole CB » Thu January 22 2009 11:13 PM

Hello,

I'm ed.

I grew up with the Big Bands always in the house. My mother had been raised in The Frog Hop Ballroom in St. Joseph, MO. That lady loved to DANCE. I think us kids could dance before we could walk.

I have 30 some Big Band Leaders autographed photos from the 1940's up. (After the family sold The Hop!) I am hoping someone can tell me where I could possibly sell them. The following is the list with a couple pics thrown in.

2-Blue Barron: Art Mooney: Tiny Hill: Artie Shaw: 2-Eddie Howard: Larry Green: Victor Lombardo: Tiny Little Jr.: Ray McKinley:
Jimmy Palmer: 2-Ray Anthony: Peewee Hunt: Conway Twitty: Lee Castle: Freddie Martin: Johnny Long: Woody Herman: Sam Donahue: Benny Strong: Lee Williams: Buddy Moreno: Tommy Tucker: Buddy Kirk: Gene Krupa: Harry Cool: Sully Mason: Alvino Rey:
Frankie Masters: Ray Pearl: Russ Carlyle: Louis Armstrong: Henry Busse:Orrin Tucker: Charlie Spivak

Thanks,

ed
Ole CB

Re: Nuther Newbie witha past.

Postby jazzjester » Sun January 25 2009 09:18 PM

Hey Ed,

Impressive list... and impressive past! Have no idea where to sell them except possibly EbAy. However there are so many copies of signed publicity shots on the market I would think having them validated as being original and authentic is the first step if you are going to sell them on-line. Would you want to sell the whole lot or willing to piece them out?

Jeff P
jazzjester
Site Admin

Re: Nuther Newbie witha past.

Postby Ole CB » Thu January 29 2009 03:25 PM

Jeff,

I will sell them in most any fasion.

I have a webpage telling about the book, 'Dancing at the Frog Hop' that my mother wrote several years ago. I have recently added a photo album that shows the pics that I have.

The url is: http://fuz.tripod.com At the bottom of that page is a link to the photos.

Thanks,

ed
Ole CB

Return to Introduce Yourself