•  George Gott Tube EQ
•  SAE Record De-clicker
•  RCA 74 Jr Velocity Mic
•  Scott 299A Tube Pre-amp

• Advertisers

Hi

Hi

Postby marq » Sun October 29 2006 10:14 PM

just thought i would say hi and introduce myself so here goes.My name is Paul and i live in Luton England bout 35 miles out of London,i'm 41 years old and i'm into music from the 20's to the 50's Swing,Jazz blues r n b rock n roll.I was brought up with the music by my Gran and mother.I learnt to dance jive at age 13 and have now also moved onto Balboa.I dj Regularly in London.I love the Style of cool American clothes of the 40's but have developed a taste for Oxford bags and early style Hawaiian shirts for some unknown reason.I also have an early 1935 ford pickup truck hotrodded so as you can see along with collecting music i am quite a busy person.Thats about it for the moment....................Paul
marq

Re: Hi

Postby jazzjester » Tue October 31 2006 08:39 PM

Retro all the way! Love it! Do you DJ dances in London? How is the Jazz scene there and is it different from the Dance scene or do the two groups co-mingle??

JP

marq wrote:just thought i would say hi and introduce myself so here goes.My name is Paul and i live in Luton England bout 35 miles out of London,i'm 41 years old and i'm into music from the 20's to the 50's Swing,Jazz blues r n b rock n roll.I was brought up with the music by my Gran and mother.I learnt to dance jive at age 13 and have now also moved onto Balboa.I dj Regularly in London.I love the Style of cool American clothes of the 40's but have developed a taste for Oxford bags and early style Hawaiian shirts for some unknown reason.I also have an early 1935 ford pickup truck hotrodded so as you can see along with collecting music i am quite a busy person.Thats about it for the moment....................Paul
jazzjester
Site Admin

Postby marq » Tue October 31 2006 10:08 PM

some people cross over from the rockabilly scene to the swing/jazz/r n b scene.there is a hardcore jazz bunch but generally they don't cross over.There are lots of clubs in London but generally the swing is my thing.............Paul
marq

Return to Introduce Yourself