•  SAE Record De-clicker
•  RCA 74 Jr Velocity Mic
•  Scott 299A Tube Pre-amp

• Advertisers

Excellent Music: "A Fighter Pilot's Story" by PBS

Get help finding that elusive jazz and swing tune or band

Excellent Music: "A Fighter Pilot's Story" by PBS

Postby stan2 » Sun January 11 2009 09:15 PM

Back in the mid 1990's, an outstanding PBS program titled "A Fighter Pilot's Story" featured an excellent big band sound. It was a very smooth big band sound.

It was in the in the VERY beginning of the film (perhaps the very first music of the program). In the scene, it was the sole sound for a few moments and then it was the background music for the narrator (Quentin Aanenson, the focus of the story). This particular music piece was VERY popular because it appears in many films about the late 1930's and early 1940's. Each time I hear this wonderful music, I try to identify it without success.

About 2 weeks ago, I posted a similar posting. But this site had an issue and it was was deleted. In that postiong, some responded under the name "PBS" and said they would check and post the name of the music in this posting. HOPE you get his new posting.

PS: There are music credits at the end of the film. I checked each one but none was this music.

Also, I believe Mr. Aaneson recently passed away. He and men like him were the greatest heroes.
stan2

Return to Who Was It That Sang That Song?